29 July 2011

{spray} paint newbie

Ok. So I have never spray painted or even painted anything before, well, at least not a piece of furniture. I see all of these fabulous makeover projects all over blog world and the internet and I always seem to love the outcome. There are definitely pieces of furniture that we own that need some new life. Specifically, I have a couple of dressers and a nightstand that I would really like to paint and spruce up. These fantastic makeovers have given me some inspiration to give it a try.

Michaela turned this old thing...


into this...
photos above : michaela noelle designs 

Kate from Centsational Girl turned this...


into this...

photos above : centsational girl

To see more of Michaela's dresser makeover, go here
To see more of Kate's credenza project, go here.


These are just a couple of projects that have inspired me to get painting. 
Last week I was able to do a mini-project that I will be sharing with you soon (believe me, it's mini). I decided to start small with a little trial run and slowly work my way up to bigger projects. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm moving in 1 month and i wanted to go to the thrift store and buy some old furniture and make it new again. I love the ideas you just gave me. Thanks!!

    Lots of love
    simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!