26 January 2012

Oatmeal Flax Cookies




The other night I was in cookie mode. You know, when you just really want to eat a little cookie dough and have fresh cookies straight from the oven? So, I tried this recipe of oatmeal-flax chocolate chip cookies. They turned out great and I would definitely make them again. So if you're an oatmeal cookie fan, this recipe is a good one and the flax is a great little add-in. Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies
           1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
           1 cup quick-cooking oats
           1/4 cup flaxseed, finely ground in a spice grinder, or pre-ground flaxseed
           1 teaspoon baking soda
           1/2 teaspoon salt
           1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
           12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
           1 cup granulated sugar
           3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
           2 large eggs
           1 teaspoon vanilla extract
           1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Put oven at 350F.
2. In a bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, oats, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  

3. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugars together. Add vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time (I didn't bother getting out the mixer, I just mixed by hand).


4. Then add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until just combined. 


5. Add chocolate chips.


6. Drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake until golden -> 10-12min. Let stand 3 min before moving to cooling rack.


Now enjoy!


Like I said, I would definitely make these again. That being said, i think I would make one small adjustment -- I don't think I'd use as much sugar again. But that would be the only thing I would change! Delish! 

Today I am Linking up to...

1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!