10 January 2012

In the Kitchen : Pops of Yellow

I always enjoy seeing pops of yellow incorporated into home decor; and it's especially fun to see yellow in the kitchen. 

These yellow cabinets are gorgeous! I especially like the yellow tone used on these cabinets, I think it's a great pick. Having all the cabinets yellow has potential to be overwhelming, however, the accents of black and creamy white are a great balance. So pretty, don't ya think?

{find it}
Colour doesn't necessarily have to be added in huge amounts to make an impact in a space. By introducing just a small amount of yellow this space has a little more character. Such a fun patterned roman shade and I like how yellow has been incorporated through a few small counter accessories. Gray and yellow is definitely a favourite colour scheme of mine!

{find it}

The pop of yellow in this kitchen comes from the very fun stools positioned at the island. The few natural accessories (fruit & flowers) help to tie in the colour sheme. Such a beautiful space!

{find it}
These next two photos are of Sarah Richardson's farmhouse kitchen. I really like how the yellow paint on the island helps to set it apart; it adds a great pop of colour to the kitchen. The shelving and brackets in the first photo are a great way to continue the colour elsewhere in the kitchen. 



above 2 photos : house & home

I am totally loving the Pop of yellow in the kitchen! 
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. When we got our new kitchen last year, I definitely HAD to paint it yellow! Bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Do you have photos on your blog? If so, I'll have to pop on over and see :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!