07 March 2012

Around The House : Pops of Orange

Orange doesn't generally stand out as one of the most popular colour schemes in design. But when used right it does look great and adds a zap of colour into your home. 

photo

I really like the feel of this first space. It's traditional with a little glam (check out that chandelier!) and has a bit of a cozy beachy feel to it. The orange accents in this room are just that, accents. By incorporating orange into the colour scheme of the room with pillows it adds just the right pop of colour to the space and isn't overwhelming. 

photo

The orange and aqua mix in this room is great! Both colours are warmer tones of each and go great together. The orange in this space is a nice, yet subtle, pop of colour. Such a relaxing place to sleep! 

photo

This is the kitchen of designer Natalie Hodgins. It's so crisp and clean and I love the mixture of dark with light. Dark cabinets have the potential of being overwhelming, but not in this space. With the right balance of light and dark and a pop of colour, it's absolutely wonderful! The orange used here is bold and bright - so fun! 

So, what do you think about incorporating orange into your home? It seems to give a nice spring & summer-like feel, don't ya think?



3 comments:

  1. I love pops of orange! I made some orange pom pom flowers the other day for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a pop of orange, and these rooms are all so great. Our new duvet cover has a little bit of orange in it (in the center of some flowers), so I've been thinking I might try to add some orange to our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline - I bet the pom poms look great! I love pom poms!

    Sarah - Is it the duvet cover you got from dwell? If so I saw when you posted a pic of it and I love it! Maybe some orange accent pillows would be fun!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!