13 March 2012

Pinterest Project


Alright, so I can be a bit sentimental and tend to hold on to things. Things like concert tickets, movie tickets, plane tickets, cards and well, you get the picture. I have a whole box of notes, cards and whatever else from when Seth and I started dating. Even now that we're married I still throw some things in there. Perhaps it's a bit pack-rat-ish, but I like to think of it as being "sentimental" :) 

When I saw this cute idea for keeping memories on Pinterest I thought I'd give it a try. 

{find it}

{Ok. So this is where I believe the original pin came from. It was uploaded by user and I think I was able to get back to the original. So, see here :) And if I'm wrong, please let me know and I will change the link!}

From my understanding the project above is collaged in a frame. I didn't have any free frames so I decided to use a shadow box. I've had this one that Seth gave me from Pottery Barn for quite a few years so I thought that it was perfect for collaborating some memories of "us".



Next I went through my memory box and pulled out some things that I wanted to try and fit in. Not everything in the pile was able to fit in the shadow box, but I liked having extra things on hand, especially of different sizes - it was kind of like a puzzle trying to put the right pieces in place.


And this was the outcome...



I didn't want to overload the shadow box so I left some "gaps". I ended up including some concert tickets, a baseball ticket, the plane ticket from our honeymoon, some things from a trip to Chicago, our wedding invite and few other sentimental items. 

I really like how it turned out and found the perfect home for it.



Such an easy project! Why didn't I put something like this together sooner?!

Today I'm linking up to "One Project at a Time" over at A Bowl Full of Lemons

and over at Homework.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Not sure if you've heard but there's a winter Pinterest Challenge going on.



These are the lovely ladies hosting the event...
Erin from The Great Indoors
Katie from Bower Power
Sherry from Young House Love
& Cassie from Hi Sugarplum

I'm a day early. But I'll be back tomorrow to link-up :)

Can't wait to get started on another Pinterest project! 

*I've updated the links above to go directly to their project posts*

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!