21 March 2012

Spicing Things Up

Last night I did a little project I'd been wanting to do for a while. After seeing this project that Megan over at Honey We're Home did and finding this through Pinterest I've had the urge to get my spices in order :) 
There's nothing worse than having a bunch of different sized spice bottles in the cupboard; and what's even worse are the bags of spices. Let's face it, they are cheaper to buy but much more of a pain to store.

So I went from this:

To this:


The Pretty Blog (which I found through Pinterest) has some pretty labels that I downloaded to use for this little project. There are labels that are already filled in for you or blank labels for you to fill out yourself. I went with the blank labels. I love the look of storing spices in glass jars and it just so happened that I had some on hand from when I made jam last summer. I really like the size used in the project from The Pretty Blog, but like I said, I had these on hand. 

Here are the labels I downloaded: 


Since I didn't have any card stock on hand, after writing in what I wanted, I just put tape over the whole label. I did this to make the paper a bit sturdier and so the ink wouldn't run.


All I did next was cut them out and then tape them to the tops of the jars.



I do realize that they take up more room than the bagged spices that I had, however, I can at least stack these if I need to and see exactly what I need. Plus, storing them in these jars is much cuter!


Such an easy little project and bonus - since I had everything on hand this project was absolutely free!
Thank you to The Pretty Blog for the free label downloads! 

Hope you all enjoyed the first day of spring yesterday!



Linking up here and here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!