24 July 2012

Grey Wicker


The baby & maternity boutique that I worked at closed at the end of June {yes, sad face}. When it closed everything in the store was for sale including shelving, peg boards...oh, and baskets too. I decided to pick up one of the baskets, because well, you can never have too many baskets :) I loved the shape and how sturdy the basket was. I liked the colour too but I thought it would be fun to give it a different life and spray paint it. I originally wanted to paint it white.


Here's what I started out with...



Well after a few light coats of spray paint I stopped and realized that my basket kind of had that grey wicker look going on.


Like I said, I stopped painting after a few light coats and just left it. Here's how it turned out...




I can't quite decide if I like it yet. Not sure if it looks "grey" or if it looks like an unfinished paint job. I thought I'd leave it for a week or so and then if I end up not liking it I'll finish spray painting it white. 

What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!