15 October 2012

The Snickerdoodle

{photo: the fancy life}

These are the perfect little cookie - I especially like making them in the fall and winter {I think maybe it's because of the cinnamon?}. These are super easy to make and are the perfect texture...soft & chewy. In all honesty, I didn't really know what in the world a Snickerdoodle was until I lived in the states. I was missing out on a tasty little treat!

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

*note: I am not really sure why the cream of tarter but, I DO KNOW that I have made these a few times without it {because I didn't have it on hand} and they turned out just fine*



Topping: 2 tbsp granulated sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon 

Directions:
1. Cream together butter and sugars & then add the egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda & cream of tarter.
3. Pour in the dry ingredient to the butter mixture and mix well.
4. Set dough in the fridge while the oven preheats to 300 degrees {I usually set mine at 350}.
5. In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
6. Take some cookie dough and roll into a ball {I usually use about a good size tbsp of dough - just depends how big of a cookie you want}. Roll in the cinnamon and sugar to cover and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. 
Then press the dough down {I use the flat bottom of a glass}.
7. Bake for about 12 min - generally depends on your oven. I usually wait till they get to be a hint browned. If they seem a smidge undercooked when you take them out of the oven it's ok as they continue to develop once they stand. 

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!




Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!