20 November 2012

Animal Print

I have never really been an animal print fan. At all. I think because a lot of times these patterns can look cheap. However, I have noticed I have pinned a lot of images with zebra. What is up?

Zebra rug.


{find it}

Zebra rug.
Zebra ottoman. 


{find it}

Zebra ottoman.
Just to name a few.

And then there's the whole leopard print/pattern thing. 
This post & this post both involved a leopard-esque type pattern. 
And I like. Yup, like.  

Perhaps the animal print is growing on me. However, I'm still not positive I would pull this off in my home {the spaces above do look great with it though!}. If I did it would have to be the absolute right item. It seems I can handle "pops" of it or very small doses as long the material doesn't look too fake/cheap. But let's face it, I don't want it to be real either. 
Because well, look how cute...


What about you. Do you like animal prints incorporated in home decor? 



3 comments:

  1. I honestly feel the same way as you do. I like the print in all the photos you posted above-but I cannot make the jump into using these styles in my own home-maybe it's b/c I know it's a fad that comes and goes? I don't know. I did recently buy some cheetah flats and those are working into my wardrobe nicely-maybe I need to take that as a sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of like you, I get nervous about animal print but then I've seen it done so well! It would have to be the perfect piece for me to go for it. I own a muted animal print cardigan from Old Navy - that's as crazy as it gets for me :) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Glad to know I'm not alone :) I don't think I even have any animal print clothing. I did however see a scarf recently that was leopard-esque and I liked it, but didn't step out any buy it. Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!