05 April 2013

Adding Some Life


A few weeks back I reposted a blog entry from a series I did quite a while ago about different ways to bring spring into your home. Today, I thought I'd rewind and share another with you! It's all about adding a little life around your house. Take a look.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bringing In Spring Tip #3 - Flowers & Plants

Flowers and plants are a great way to bring spring into your home!

Many grocery stores have a section where you can buy fresh flowers and small house plants; and generally they are at a great price. Fresh flowers in a vase on the kitchen table, on a night stand in the bedroom, on the coffee table in the living room, and even in a small vase on the bathroom counter can make a room feel more alive! That's probably why fresh flowers emit a feeling of spring!
Small house plants are great too. I especially like ivy. It's extremely easy to keep up with and it's a nice green plant that adds another element to a space {especially when it's presented in such a cute way like the photo below!}.


Such an easy and relatively inexpensive way to bring spring into your home!
Do you have any favourite flowers or small house plants that you like to place around your home?


{PS - You must check out this cute idea!}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{The above was updated & originally posted here}

So, adding some life to your house and bringing in spring doesn't have to be overly stressful {or some huge weekend project}. It can take mere minutes and, let's face it, the price is right!

I thought it would be a good idea to take my own advice and add a little life around my own place...



I picked up some ivy at Walmart for under $2. I already had the white pot {found that at Ikea years ago} and voila! I had originally placed it in my entryway but then realized it was still a bit cold out there and I didn't want it to die on me. Then it moved to the living room. But, NOW it sits on the kitchen table and this sits in my living room...


These Mums were given to me a few weeks ago. I should probably re-pot them {is that a term?} but for now they sit on a cute little china saucer that, otherwise, rarely gets used. They really brighten up the space and it's nice to walk into a room that has fresh flowers.

I'm planning on adding some more life around the house with a little project I hope to do in the next few weeks. Until then I'll enjoy the extra life added to my home from these plants.

Are you a plant person? Have a favourite? I'd love to hear!
Have a wonderful weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Love having live plants and fresh flowers in the house! Following back from the hop :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!