Banana Blueberry Muffins



I'm all about muffins. I love having them on hand incase I need some in an instant. I'll bake up a batch and, for the most part, they'll all go straight into the freezer. I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website a couple of years ago (I've modified it slightly), and since then it's become a go-to in our house. It's definitely a favourite.

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour 
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ (*optional)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter/margarine (softened) **
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries

*Lots of times I make these without wheat germ. If I have it on hand I'll throw it in. If I don't, I omit it completely OR sometimes I will add ground flax seed instead.

**I sometimes make these with coconut oil and they turn out great! I measure out 1/2 cup coconut oil and then melt and mix with sugars.  


To Make:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners (or grease well). In medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt.

2. In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar & brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs. 

3. In a smaller bowl, mash bananas and then mix in milk & vanilla. 

4. Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture. Mix until combined and then fold in frozen blueberries. 

5. Divide batter among muffin cups. To be honest, sometimes I can get 18 muffins (medium size) out of this batter. Depends on the size of the bananas you use & the size muffins you make. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approx 20 to 25 minutes (also depends on your oven). Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.



Like I said, this is one of our favourite muffin recipes. What's your go-to muffin recipe?
Save

Comments

  1. I have never had this fruit combo! I can't wait to try these muffins. My favorite is a Pumpkin Muffin... I have yet to find a recipe as good as the Pumpkin Muffins at Panera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the pumpkin muffins are good. I love anything pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!