Traditional/Modern

photo: the fancy life

chair - sofa - lamp - rug - sideboard - chandelier - art 1 - art 2 - side table - pillows 1, 2, 3 - vase

I love seeing different styles mixed together in a room. Sometimes, depending on the room, style can overtake a space. For instance, if a room is chalk full of traditional features and elements from head to toe it can be a touch overwhelming {again, it depends on the room}. I thought I'd give a try and mixing some traditional elements with some modern ones and here's what I came up with. Doesn't that chair look like it belongs in a library or study? I absolutely love it {and the colour}. The sofa, chair, chandelier and even the side table have more of a traditional feel while other elements like the lamp, art, and rug add a bit more of a contemporary/modern feel. I like how each of these pieces go together and I feel that the mixture of style helps to highlight each individual piece.

How do you feel about mixing design styles?

Hope you all had a great weekend and were able to snag an extra hour of sleep! 
Happy Monday! 

Comments