A Game Plan


A couple of weeks ago I shared a peek at our new desk.
Today I thought I would share the whole space with you and share some plans that I have of how I'd like the space to evolve. It will take time and won't be done all at once. But it's good to have a game plan, right?

Our new desk is located in what I like to call our "inner" living room. There is an arch way {not shown} separating this space and  the area where our couches & TV are.
Alright, let's take a look shall we?


This first shot gives you the jist of the space as a whole. 




I had to take a picture of this piece that's in the room. It had belonged to Seth's grandmother & used to live in the guest room in our last place & at one point the living room. Since we don't have a guest room and no closet space it sits here, in our inner living room, housing linens in the cabinet section and paper, cords, and whatever else in the drawers. I added the two blue pieces of hardware on the middle drawers {just because}. 


Back to the game plan...
Overall, the space is kind of a blank slate. I don't have much on the walls and the room is painted a neutral colour {I won't be painting though, as I've said before, we live in an apartment}.
I would love to move the desk to the wall that the bookcase is on, however, the only outlets in the whole room are on the opposite side of the room {have I mentioned we also lack outlets? Fun times.}. We would need a long extension cord...and well, that's not ideal. If only for the fact that I don't want to be looking at cords all over the place. So, at the moment, the desk will stay where it is. 
I *may* move the bookcase as I feel the room is somewhat "unbalanced" but, we will see. I'm sure if I put something on the wall above the rocking chair it would help.


Regardless if furniture ends up moving around in the room here's what I'd like to see happen at some point:

- Get a lamp of some sort for the desk.
- Move that memo board and photo hang & add a few things to the wall.
- See that chair sitting at the desk? Redo it. I have been wanting to do this for quite sometime & just haven't gotten around to doing it. It badly needs to be covered {I think the orange vinyl seat has lived long enough} and I can't decide whether to paint it, leave it as is, or stain it a darker colour. Suggestions welcome :)
- Get another chair. For now if the two of us sit here at once we drag a chair in from the kitchen or haul over the rocking chair. Someday I'd like to get another.
- Lastly, if funds allowed, at some point it would be nice to add a rug to the space. Yes, I'd be putting a rug on top of carpet but it would be like the layering I talked about here. It would add another level of texture to the space as well as pattern & colour. 
- Bonus: I'd also like to paint or stain the rocking chair. I'm not particularly loving the design the the top of it and it's got quite a few scratches and such. I like it, but it just plain needs an update. 

So there you have it. A better look at our little home office space and the game plan that I have for it. Like I said, it may take a while to accomplish as it will be something that I work away at bit by bit. As I make progress I'll be sure to share. 

Any tips you have are welcome!

Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend!!


Comments

  1. I just re-did our craft room/office. I think you have a great space and just adding some fun touches can make it come alive:)I need to make a memo board! I'm excited to see what you do with the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebster Award Nod coming your way because I LOVE your blog and want other people to know it!
    http://thelearnerobserver.com/?p=1678

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room. (: I live in a dorm at the moment, but I'm moving into my first apartment this July and I'm so excited to be able to do stuff like this!

    Also. Found you through the blog hop. Newest follower here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!