Zucchini Carrot Muffins





I baked these delicious muffins last night. I had some zucchini that needed to be used up so I thought muffins would be a good idea. I always like to have muffins to start the week off because they are great for when you have to grab something and go!

These aren't overly sweet and, in my opinion, are relatively healthy.

Ingredients:

1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup shredded coconut {I used sweetened}
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp ground flax
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cups grated carrot
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini {I left the peel on}
2 tbsp milk

To Make:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl mix together flours, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, flax & salt.
In separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil & milk. Then add grated carrot and zucchini and mix all together.
Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture.
Once mixed scoop batter into greased or lined muffin tin. Bake for approx. 15-20 min until a toothpick comes out clean {remember, every oven varies}.
Makes 12 muffins.

There you have it. A relatively healthy muffin for you to start your day or snack on throughout!

{I adapted this recipe}

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Enjoy your Monday!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Only a few more days to enter this giveaway!*

Comments