Pieces of Life



Happy Weekend!
I'm rather glad the weekend is here. How about you?
I've been a slacker the past couple of weeks on the blog. I apologize, I just haven't had the time. So I thought I would leave you with a few things this weekend that I've been up to as of late.
I present to you a peek inside my life...


1. Spring is here and that means it called for a new spring scarf. I just love the colour combo of this one.

2. I tried my first "green" smoothie a few weeks back. However, it failed to come out green. Perhaps I didn't put enough spinach in it? Or maybe throwing spinach into a smoothie isn't considered a "green" smoothie at all? Regardless, it was still tasty. I basically used this smoothie recipe & added a handful of fresh spinach.

3. Remember how I shared with you my love for blue and white? Well I ran into these babies at HomeSense. Of course, when I went back to potentially snatch one up for our desk they were gone. Go figure.

4. The other day we were out an about with some friends for a birthday celebration. One of our stops was at a bakery in the city market and they had some Paris Macaroons. I had always wanted to try them so, of course, I took home a raspberry one. It was rather delectable.

5. Nothing beats lighting a really good smelling candle and just sitting in the quiet sometimes. My candle of choice.

6. The beginning of this week was prep for an exam. It's over. Have I mentioned I'm glad it's the weekend?

7. Sometimes cozying up in a homemade quilt in the sun is essential.

8. Oh dear land. Remember when I made these chocolate chip scones? Well they were great. But, THESE raspberry white chocolate ones were even better. They were worth all the effort and I look forward to making them for the rest of my life.

9. Yesterday I got to hang out with my nephew. It's not very often we get to see him because there is 13hrs between us. But hanging out with him yesterday was definitely the highlight of my week!

My plans for the weekend? Work, perhaps sneaking another visit in with the nephew before he returns home & cleaning up my rather neglected house. What are you up to this weekend? 



Comments