{Looking At} The Landing


We currently live in a one level apartment. However, for those of you who live with two or more levels you more than likely have a "landing" space. It may not be very big, but it's there. Whether your landing space is "roomy" or small there are different ways you add character to this sometimes empty and neglected space. Here are a few cute ideas that show how your landing space can have character and that it doesn't have to be wasted space...

{find it}

At the end of the hall in the photo above sits a chest in front of the window. This is a great idea & also gives some extra storage. A place to house linens, perhaps? In a hall like this you could also put a smaller side table or console with a lamp and decorate it up. Nothing huge, but just a little something to add some lovely. And yes, a gallery wall is always a good idea!

{find it}

Even if you have a small landing, a great light fixture can make all the difference. Swapping out your light fixture for a more unique or classy piece can really change the space.

Don't think you have to over the top fill your landing space either. As seen below, the space can be just as lovely with a couple of elements. Again, a great light fixture with a favourite painting could be all you really need to make the space a little less "empty".

{find it}

This particular landing space between the two levels in this home is rather dreamy, if I do say so myself. What a great view! There's definitely room to work with here and the owners did just that. If you have the room, consider adding seating such as the window seat below. If you don't have a window and have some space, try a small chair or bench. 

{find it}

Another great touch in the space above is the built-in bookcase. You could use something like this to showcase a few favourite things or, clearly, house some good reads.  

{find it}

{find it}

Not every landing space has room for a seat. But probably every landing space has some wall room.
I think pretty much all of the photos above contained at least something on the wall. Don't be scared to decorate by putting up a painting, photos, etc. Personalize the space just as you would any other room in your home. It doesn't have to be a full out gallery wall, but hang something! It will make all the difference. 

Do you have a landing space in your home? Is it decorated at all or does it currently sit "empty"? Hopefully some of these lovely images were able to inspire you to maybe work away at creating a more welcoming landing space. 

Hope you're all having a great week!

Comments

  1. I love the photo walls Leanne. I'm a huge photo/frame lover, even though I always in up using my favorite fabrics as the "photos". I too live in a one level apt right now but am excited that my new space will have a landing space so I can stock up on picture frames from Ikea lol.

    I noticed all the pictures you selected have amazing lighting in them too! niiice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples. I have a landing and I find it very hard to decorate. I think I should brighten up the paint color because it doesn't get a lot of natural light.. that would be a start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these ideas Leanne!
    I actually took down the art work I had hanging going up my steps and landing area and have yet to replace them. The space sits empty and sad as we speak...I need to do something about that! Your ideas will be referenced many a time before that! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your comments! Glad I could help some of you out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!