{DIY} Pine Cone Ornaments



I'm back with another little DIY today.

If you saw yesterday's post you know that I've created a sort of rustic woodland tree. I try not to spend too much money on Christmas ornaments, but each year I'll allow myself to add a few new ones to the mix. Yesterday I shared the ones I picked up for our rustic tree. That being said, I felt the tree needed a few more natural elements. I didn't want to spend anymore money so I created these pine cone ornaments using what I already had on hand.

Here's what you'll need for this Christmas craft:


You'll also need a glue gun to attach the twine & a couple of small paint brushes.

To make these little beauties with glitter: 
1. Apply mod podge to the pine cone (as much or as little as you wish). 
2. Sprinkle with glitter (I chose gold), and let dry. 
3. Once dry, cut some twine & make a loop (creating with a knot). 
4. Add glue from the hot glue gun to the bottom of the pine cone and attach your loop of twine. 
5. Let dry completely and then hang on your tree! 

To make these little beauties with foil: 
1. Follow instructions that come with your foil (aka: leafing) & adhesive. You'll have to apply the adhesive to the pine cone, let it dry for a few minutes until it's tacky & then apply the foil. 
2. Brush off excess foil lightly with a soft brush. 
3. Follow steps 3-5 above.





These turned out to be perfect for our tree & add just the right amount of sparkle! 
Have you made any ornaments for your tree this year?


*This has been linked to Michaela Noelle & Hi Sugarplum!; live laugh rowe

Comments

  1. Love this! So simple and natural with a little bit of sparkle.. my kind of ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whimsical and dreamy!
    Exactly my kind of thing.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!