Clutter & Being Intentional




If you've been following along you'll know that I've hopped on board with Apartment Therapy's January Cure. If you're not sure what I'm talking about you can find all the details here.

One of the recent tasks was to create an "Outbox". The concept is simple: set up to reevaluate & purge. Take a box (or in my case a basket) and put things in it that perhaps you're thinking of passing on, getting rid of, etc. I've done this many a time before and there's something so great about purging. Yes, it can be tough to decide to get rid of & let go of things, but when you do it feels oh so good. I haven't had a good purge in a while so I'm quite looking forward to this. I already have a good amount of items in my basket and I'm sure before the month is over more will be added.

It's time to reevaluate the things we have in our home, get rid of excess, and once again focus on being intentional about what comes in. These are some great questions to ask when trying to decide what to keep & what to purge. One in one out, anyone?

I'm going to try my best this year to apply the "one in one out" rule and live a bit more simply.

{find it}

I love this print from The Wheatfield {by Katie Daisy} Etsy shop & I just may have to snatch it up and frame it as a reminder.

Who's with me? Do you enjoy a good purge? Are you trying to let go of some things this new year? 

Comments

  1. So I'm in the process (started on the weekend, taking evenings this week to finish up). Wish I was looking forward to it like you but I am not. It will feel good though when it's finished. One in one out May be my new rule too :) MP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will feel so nice when you are all finished! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!