Our Completed Balcony


Our little balcony space finally feels complete! We'd been waiting for a little table to come {it was on back order} and it finally arrived late last week. Now that it's here, I think it really completes the space.

As a little reminder, here's what we started with:


So, yes, pretty much a blank slate. If we didn't live in a rental I'd stain the deck. But, since we do live in a rental...that's not my job & I'm fine with leaving it be :)

And here's how we filled the space:

Partial Morning Sun
Evening Shade

A few herbs & some flowers for colour

Here's a look at the other end. A little less exciting, but we were able to fit a small BBQ out there too!



In this post I talked about what we were looking for in furniture and the over all feel we were trying to accomplish for the space. I think we accomplished it pretty well. I wanted natural textures, colour pop, a functional & practical space, and lasting pieces. Ok, so we won't really know if the pieces we chose are "lasting" for a while. 

A few of the details incase you're interested:

The Chairs - Found them at Costco. I like that they look like wicker but aren't. They're also quite comfortable {the pillows aren't exactly necessary for comfort}. Another great thing? They stack which will make for easy storage. 

The Table - This came from Ikea. I wanted something a bit different than the chairs {I didn't want match-y match} & I didn't really want glass. I debated just getting a smaller side table, but I'm glad we decided to get a table we could actually eat at if we wanted to. It's a great height and the right size for our small balcony. Plus, it folds flat for storage. 

Pillows, Plants & Planters - The pillows & planters I found at Target and all were on clearance. I waited a bit to make a purchase on these things, but I'm fine with that since it meant getting a deal and not paying full price. The plants were from a local place & I also waited a bit. I didn't go at peak time. That means I had less options, but for something that I'll have to replant next year, I'm Ok with that. Plus, who knows how long I'll be able to keep them alive? :)

The BBQ - We found this {also on sale} at Canadian Tire. It's a Cuisinart portable BBQ. It's the perfect size and doesn't overwhelm the space. Plus, if we really wanted to, we could take it to the beach & camping. Multi-functional.

Full Afternoon Sun

We've really been enjoying having our coffee out here in the mornings. We've even had a few meals out here since our table has arrived and it's been quite lovely. We get part sun in the morning & full sun in the afternoon. That means the evening is full of shade, but that's OK. It's proven to be a nice way to finish off the day!


We are so ready to enjoy this space this summer! 
Do you have an outdoor space that you've been working on updating? 


Balcony Progress Posts:


Comments