The First Few Months


We just hit the five month mark over here with baby E, and I'll say it again: I can't believe how fast this is flying by!  I thought it might be fun to round up a few of our favourite things that helped us out greatly in the first few months (and let's be honest, we're still using these items!); perhaps it will help out some parents to-be. So here's some items that made things a little easier for us with the new babe:



1. My Brest Friend - This nursing pillow is seriously awesome. We hadn't purchased a nursing pillow before the babe was born as we weren't quite sure if nursing would work for us or not - why purchase something you may not use? And many people said to just use your own pillows. Well I'm here to tell you that while using your own pillow works, this nursing pillow just makes everything so much better. I was even able to try this pillow at our mother-baby clinic before purchasing it and after trying it out I went right out and bought one! I love how it wraps around you, giving you back support & how it holds your baby at a good height. Plus, it's not too soft so your little one isn't eventually sinking down into a pillow. I'm a fan.

2. Life Factory Water Bottle - I don't think I've ever been so thirsty in my life! I think all you nursing mommas know what I'm talking about. I always need water on hand and this water bottle is a go-to water bottle for me. I like that it's glass, and well, it's cute too! It was always full of water while I was pregnant as well.

3. Cotton Muslin Swaddles - I love these swaddles! I think what I like most is that they are multi-functional. These are essentially a large, light weight, blanket that get softer each time they are washed. Since they're a good size and so light weight, like I said, they can be used for whatever - a swaddle, receiving blanket, stroller blanket, a make shift nursing cover, anything. Plus they have been the perfect weight for summer!

4. What to Expect the First Year - As first time parents we've enjoyed reading through this book. Yes, I realize you can find pretty much anything on the internet, but we wanted a book that we could go-to, and we've found this one to be helpful.

5. Nursing Cover - This particular brand, Bebe Au Lait, is great! It's a great length as I've never felt like I'm fighting with too much or too little material. Although now, with a baby that's a bit more fidgety, it can become a small battle; but that's not the cover's fault! It's also great because it has a piece in the top that holds the neckline away from you, making it easier for you to look in on your baby. Plus, they come in so many cute fabric options!

6. Mamaroo - This thing was a great help at times (and still is!). It was worth EVERY. PENNY. Sometimes it's the only thing that could get baby girl to take a nap for more than 15min at a time, and still is. The kid hates to nap. It has 5 different motions, speeds, and sounds. I like how it plugs into an outlet, so there's no running out of batteries!

So there you have it. Just a few of our favourite things for the new baby in our life.
What would you add to the list?




*This isn't a paid post. These are just some products that we love & wanted to share with you all!*

Comments