Painting The Rocker: Take II


I'm finally getting around to painting our rocking chair. Truth be told I started painting it well over a year ago. I started off with white. Because, well, white. White is a go-to, a neutral, and it will go with anything. I got the first coat of paint on, and once I started the second I decided that I wasn't 100% liking it. I know, I know. Never judge an unfinished project. But it was feeling a bit too white. Too stark. So I stopped. I didn't even bother finishing and it's been sitting like that ever since. I had the best of intentions to finish it before baby girl arrived, but that didn't happen; and I've had little time to squeeze in many projects since she arrived. So here we are. Take II.


I picked up some paint over the weekend - Annie Sloan, Paris Grey (along with a sample pot of  Aubusson Blue - I'm sure I can find something else to paint!). I decided to stick with a neutral for the rocker and grey seemed like the right pick.




Here's a look at what I'm starting with:



It's not very hard to see that the painting wasn't completed. Some parts have a second coat and some don't. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to get this completed this week sometime. What project(s) have you already started from your home goal list?


Comments