When I have the time, and when I'm in the mood, I love to bake. This lemon poppy seed loaf is a favourite of mine. This time of year, there's something about lemon-y things. Tasty, fresh, and sunny. That's why this lemon loaf is the perfect thing to bake this spring (or pretty much anytime).
It really doesn't take too long to whip up at all; and it's perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I kid). Oh, and of course it goes good with coffee. It never lasts too long in our house.
6 1/2 tbsp of Butter (softened)
1 Cup of Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/4 Cups of Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and lemon zest. Mix in the eggs.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
4. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon juice.
5. Pour mixture into greased & floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes (depending on your oven).
6. Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Do you have any favourite lemon-y baked goods?