Our Favourite Go-To Snacks

We don't have the worst eating habits in our home, but we don't always have great ones. Like, for instance, chocolate. If it's in the house, I want to eat it. I generally have to hide it out of sight because all day, I'll much on it. A little here, a little there...you get what I'm saying. 

So, in an attempt to be a little more accountable, and make wiser choices, I've been trying to plan out our snacks (at least for myself & E since we're home all day - and man alive, toddlers like to eat) along with our weekly meal planning (post is in the works). 


I thought I'd share a list I've compiled of things we try to snack on/have on hand. I find when I have a list of "go-to's" I'm more inclined to pick from those items. I'll sometimes keep the list on my fridge, or just keep it with my meal list, so when I'm planning meals and making my grocery list it's right there and I have something to go off of. Because, I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I draw a blank. Anyone else?

So here's a list of our go-to snacks that we tend to rotate in our house:

- Yogurt with granola or fruit (or both!)
- Fresh fruit
- Smoothies 
- Muffins (These ones are a frequent go-to)
- Energy bites (These & these ones are go-to's)
- Trail mix (I often make my own)
- Pretzels
- Crackers & cheese
- Hummus & veggies 
- Raisins 
- Apple Sauce (In the fall I like to make homemade)
- Nuts (almonds & walnuts are our favourite)
- Granola/Fig type bars (I'm in search of a good recipe so we can make our own!)
- Fruit leather 





I'm probably forgetting a few things that we like to have on hand, but overall these things are what we tend to go with. Maybe it's just me but, I find it so much easier to plan and have specific go-to's. Especially with a toddler. I think it'll also be helpful to have a great rotating list and plan out our snacks (along with our meals) for when this second baby comes along. 

What are the favourite go-to (relatively healthy) snacks that you & your family like to munch on? I'd love to add to our list.

Comments