White Chairs in The Dining Room

I'm here with a long overdue update in our kitchen/dining room! In September (ish) we finally decided on and purchased some new chairs for our kitchen table. It had been about a year since we got the new table so it was about time we made a decision on chairs. Although, truth be told, I'm glad we just didn't rush out and buy whatever. We lived with the table and waited until we were really certain white chairs were what we wanted. If you go back to this post you'll be able to see where we started.


So, surprise, surprise - the chairs are from Ikea. They are the INGOLF chairs and we found them to be pretty reasonably priced. Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to pay more for all the chairs combined than what the table costs. I also liked these chairs for the size. I was really hoping to find white spindle chairs, but all the ones I found (that I saw in person) were either out of our budget or not the right size for our table. Ikea does have a white spindle chair that I did like, but the size of them were all wrong. Plus, I found the seat of them to be teeny tiny - so these ones by far worked much better.

For the time being, we only grabbed four. Mainly because we currently have one kid in a high chair and then another sits in a junior chair (you can see it at the end of the table). The junior chair is also an INGOLF and the only reason we didn't get white is because we scored this one in the "as is" section (perfectly fine!). The wood tone goes great with our table so that was a bonus!


Ideally, we'd like to add two more chairs (one for each end - although you could seat 8 at this table!) but I'm having a hard time deciding if I want them to be the same or different. I go back and forth between spindle black chairs, a different style of white, or just sticking with all the same.  Suggestions? We're not in a rush to get any right now, but we for sure would like to add some down the road. Plus, we do have some folding chairs we pull out if we have company for dinner and that totally works.


Obviously, we still need something on the walls and I'm now debating some sort of cabinet for the corner closest to the patio doors. So, we'll see. It's coming slowly, but I really am loving how it's turning out! Again, if you need a reminder of what we started with head over to this post

Comments